There is so much folate in this pesto, you will make a pound of serotonin before bedtime, which means a night of great sleep and a smile in the morning. Both kale and walnuts feed your lover’s brain with the omega-3, which is converted into molecules that protect your brain cells and are linked to a lower risk of depression. The pesto is equally delicious on pasta or brushed on grilled chicken.
- 150 g kale
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tbsp miso paste
- 1/2 cup walnuts soaked
- 1/4 cup olive oil extra virgin, cold pressed
- 1/2 1/2 lemon juice
- 1 pinch chili flakes
- to taste black pepper fresh cracked
- Wash your kale and trim the stems.
- Add all ingredients to your Vitamix or food processor.
- Blend or pulse on low speed until all ingredients are broken down. Add water slowly as necessary to smooth out desired consistency.
- Enjoy in salads, on pizza or pasta, or as a dip. Use immediately or store in the fridge for up to a week.